Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Betty's Fiber Work Featured In Newspaper





















Betty and Metro reporter Jessica with Susie sleeping on Jessica's lap.











Betty says,

"I went into Sam's Downtown Feed to pick up some rabbit pellets. It's not my regular feed store, it's only the third time that I had been in this store in the recent years.

Owner Sam came out from the back and said, 'Betty, you are famous!'

'Why?' I asked. Sam said, 'You are in the paper.'

Though I knew that I was interviewed for an article to be included in Metro Silicon Valley weekly, I was surprised to hear that the article has already been published in the issue that covers Dec. 9 to Dec. 15, 2009. I was told that it would be published the following week or the week after. I did not even pick up a copy of this issue.

Sam went to the back and brought out the paper and I saw the pictures of me cutting down Aaliyah and the hats that I made. Sam was very kind and let me have his copy.

The article is short but with accurate descriptions and quotes. I give credit to Jessica Fromm who has been on the job for only one year. She is a graduate of San Jose State University where I retired. We had never met, of course, she entered San Jose State long after I had retired.

The key points of the article are about my fiber work rather than showing or breeding. There is no picture of big coated rabbits being blown, no pretty sitting poses,... it describes how I'd harvest the wool and use it to make hats, scarves and offered the wool for sale on my internet shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/JustASoftie

I had fun being interviewed and am very pleased to see an article that is very true to the facts."


1 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger alice said…

    It's amazing to have all kinds of items on a list. It's really a good job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home