Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, November 09, 2009

Susie And Maddex Are Top English Angora At Convention





Chu's Susie wins the English Angora Best of Breed at the ARBA national convention in San Diego.



With Betty being the Angora chairman, Chris has to take over most of the grooming of Betty's rabbits at the convention. By looking at Susie, anyone can tell that Chris is doing a great job.



Susie relaxes at Chris's lap.








Chu's Maddex wins English Angora Best Opposite Sex of Breed.






Maddex says, "Mom, where have you been? I miss you!"









Auntie Chris is taking care of Maddex when mama Betty is running around the show room.








Betty says,


"I have attended every ARBA convention since 1987 but I had never been a breed chair or a breed secretary. It was an eye-opener when I assumed the Angora breed chair's position when Tracy went out of rabbits. There were so much planning and information gathering that it consumed a lot of time before the convention. During the convention, the breed chair's job is like a fire engine; wherever and whenever situations develop, the breed chair has to be there.

My best friend Chris O. and I have been in conventions together since 1991. Chris used to show her own rabbits but in recent years she helps me to groom rabbits and does whatever is necessary. In Louisville last year, she groomed a half of my entries and the BOB winner Nolan was groomed by her. This year in San Diego, Chris pretty much took over my grooming. No matter how good the genetics are and how well that I've been maintaining my rabbits, the on-the-day-of-show grooming is vital to the success on the show table.

Without Chris doing most of my grooming, I would not have been able to do my job as the breed chair, taught my two classes at RabbitCon and show my entries well. I wish to publicly thank her for all her help."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home