Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Wind Power At Altamont Pass


















































Before the world started looking for alternative energy, wind turbines were installed at the top of Diablo Range in CA in the 1970s. The area is called Altamont Pass. Over the years, some of the smaller turbines have been replaced by large ones for more efficiency and for the safety of birds in the area.



Betty says, "I drove pass the Altamont Pass regularly to rabbits shows at Stockton in the early morning hours on my way there and back in the evening. Driving by myself and that the lighting were not ideal, I never had the chance of taking some pictures of these modern windmills. My lovely hubby went to the San Joaquin Fair with me when I did the fiber demonstration. Being the passenger in the van plus the afternoon lighting gave me the chance of taking some pictures of these wind turbines. I thought I'd share with our out-of-area readers."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home