Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, May 23, 2009

BOB Is Everywhere












Betty says,


"We take for granted that BOB stands for Best Of Breed. We all like to get BOB; I recall some new people asking about why everyone likes this BOB guy!


I shop at Safeway. A few weeks ago, I started seeing this sign with BOB repeated seven times in bold letters on catchy color paper. When I first saw it, I thought, this BOB guy must be very forgetful, or very overweight, and that the management was reminding him to walk around!


Then I saw the same sign on all checkout stations. There are way more lady checkers than guy checkers at Safeway, this could not be a reminder for this BOB guy!


Finally I asked what BOB meant. It's 'Bottom Of Basket'. The checkers are supposed to walk out of their stations to check on customers' carts and baskets.


BOB is certainly everywhere."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home