Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Allen In Japan - Sightseeing And Friends






Moat at Emperor's palace in Tokyo.












In the big city of Tokyo, the subway is the fastest, easiest way around. Kevin S. is seen here on subway.







On our tour of Tokyo, I saw a woman struggling with the English tour guide. I thought to myself, "She could be French-speaking African..." I couldn't help myself, so I asked where she was from. Senegal!! We became instant friends and I translated the tour for her for the rest of the day. We spoke entirely in French. She could not believe that she met "some white guy" who knew about Dakar's tiny districts, local foods, distant cities, and even Wolof words!






I studied French in France this summer with several Japanese students. Ya Sushi (left) and I became great friends. He was so excited that I was coming to Japan that he came to visit me with his girlfriend Eriko (right). Eriko also studied with us in France. Our common language is French. Ya Sushi even came to Karaoke with us one night.




Buddhist Temple Facade. The signs and displays show the celebration of the 50th anniversary.


1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Auntie C said…

    Allen, you are the most interesting guy.
    Christine O.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home