Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Making Of An Orange Hat































Annette from OH sends in photos of a new hat that she has just completed. She says,

"This is made from BFL orange wool roving that I got from Lisa at Somerhill. The French Angora was donated by Lilac Haven's Angelica (tort). The yellow/white/blue is Merino and I got it at The Wool Gathering two years ago. All yarn handspun by me. Unfortunately I already had it off the double point needles before I took the photos. I started on 3 double points, increased to 4 and then knitted off onto the circular needles to finish."

Betty says,

"It's interesting to see how different people use different techniques to make hats. I always cast on at the edge, decrease to the top and then gather the remaining stitches at the top to bind off while Annette starts her hats at the top and binds off at the edge."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home