Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Randy Guest Blogs About Houston Livestock Show- Part I




I judged the Houston livestock show and rodeo last month. It was my 3rd opportunity to do show. It is similar to our cow palace show and rodeo- about 100 times bigger and better- mainly because there is still a focus on agriculture there- unlike California. It is held at the Reliant Center which has I believe 400,000 sq ft under one roof. I would guess it has attendance similar to one of our larger fairs here in California.










Here is one of many banners hanging in the main foyer stressing agriculture and why it is important for society.










Another one outside the Reliant center and adjacent buildings before it opens.











Here is the nifty keepsake badge we get for judging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home