Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I Want My Mama!




Baby squirrel rescued from the fireplace; little tail full of ashes.











Baby squirrel on the lawn;
where am I?







I want my mama, I want my mama! Mama, come get me!









Mama squirrel looks down the chimney; where is my baby?









Betty says,


"During dinner, Albert and I kept on hearing squeaky noises. I went out to the yard and saw a few birds; I concluded that the birds were making those squeaks.


After dinner, we heard some more of the same noise. I went out to the yard but did not see any birds.


It must be the bunnies, I thought. I looked at bunnies in a big carrier in front of the fireplace; bunnies were sitting still, but there was this squeaky noise.


It must be a rat! That was my second thought.


I asked Albert to move the stuff next to the bunnies in front of the fireplace; I was afraid a rat would jump out.


There was nothing, but still the squeaks.


‘It must be inside the fireplace’, Albert said. He took out the flashlight but there was nothing. Still more squeaks. Finally at the corner, he saw two little eyes. He said, 'It's a mouse!' I said, 'I bet it's a baby squirrel'.


Albert put on heavy gloves and opened the glass fireplace screens. He caught the little thing; it's a baby squirrel.


Outside, a mama squirrel was climbing up and down our chimney, running across our roof, making loud noises.


Albert put the baby squirrel on the lawn. Mama called, baby answered. Baby called, mama answered.


Mama would not come down from our roof when we were standing there. Though I would love to have taken a picture of the mama and the baby squirrels reuniting with each other, we had to go inside. A few minutes later, the baby squirrel was gone and no more noises from either the mama squirrel or the baby squirrel."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home