Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, August 13, 2007

Remember When: Betty's French Lop





































Betty talked about starting her rabbit habit with French Lop often. Here are some photos that would go down the memory lane. Betty says,


"I got my first pure breed rabbit in 1981, a French Lop, to be a companion to a neutered mixed breed buck that I was taking care of for a colleague when he was teaching out of the country. The top picture is the French Lop Sweetie Pie and the mixed breed buck Peter.

The second picture is Sweetie Pie begging for a carrot.

Sweetie Pie was a cutie pie but not really a show rabbit, and I did not intend for her to be one. Just like most of other rabbit breeders, I discovered rabbit shows and took her to shows. It would be a big accomplishment of the day when she was not the first one to be sent off the table.

I paid for a stud service and got bunnies. The third picture shows the cute bunnies on the table and on my back. They were not much of show bunnies either, but healthy, friendly and cute.

French Lop did not get me anywhere in the wonderful world of rabbit shows; they did build a bridge for me to discover the breed for me: English Angora.

Just for fun, I also had chickens at that time, shown in the fourth picture."


The two top pictures were taken in 1981 and the two bottom pictures were taken in 1982.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home