Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Social Security, A Play































The story of the play "Social Security" starts with an 80-year-old woman being sent to live with her daughter and son-in-law. She meets 100-year-old Maurice at a dinner party hosted by the daughter and her husband. They fall in love and develop a relationship.

Our readers may be wondering at this point, "What does a play have to do with rabbits and rabbit people? Where is this post going?"

Well, look closely who "Maurice" is!

Maurice is our good old Charlie! Well, Charlie is not 100 years old; his is old in the play and in that make-up.

He says, "The play ran in June at the Willits community theater. The first photo is of me and Marilyn McNair, who played Sophie Greengrass, my 80-year old love interest which just goes to show it ain't over till it's over. The second photo is of me transformed into the 100-year-old Maurice Koenig. Do I look old? The third photo is of the cast."

He continues, "The play was very funny and touching with a very happy ending. I loved playing the very old Maurice as it was a stretch as an actor for me. I look forward to doing more acting in the Mendocino area."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home