Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Spinning Lucky Lady



Tracy reports that her retired Grand Champion Rios Lucky Lady, a white French Angora doe, has gone live with spinner Carolyn in Truckee.

Carolyn recently reports her delight with lucky Lady's companionship and wool. She first carded Lucky Lady's wool with marino then ventured into spinning 100% Angora.

Carolyn reports: "The first yarn I tried was Lucky carded with a wonderfully soft and fine merino wool fleece I bought. I made a yummy scarf for me with this. This month was my first time spinning 100% Lucky. Seeing a demo at my spinning meeting helped. The lady just spun directly from the box without carding. So I tried it. I'm not as good as her, my yarn is a little lumpy, but that is OK with me - I feel accomplished having succeeded! I have 2 small skeins so far. Lucky's hair is long again, so I am slowly harvesting at the moment, so I will have another box to spin in a month or so. Here is Lucky today. After I have clipped her hair she looks so un-photogenic, so I took this picture to remember how beautiful she is."Here is my yarn. The 2 on the left are 100% Lucky. The one on the right is about 20% Lucky and 80% merino. "

Another happy story for a rabbit, a breeder and a spinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home