Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, December 14, 2020

Betty Inducted to NARBC Hall of Fame




In November, I was informed that the National Angora Rabbit Breeders Club has inducted me to the Hall of Fame.   Due to the cancellation of the ARBA national convention, the induction was done during the membership meeting via Zoom.   I was totally surprised and humbled.   I received this crystal award in the mail.




In the December 2020 current issue of the NARBC newsletter, this information became official.   I am extremely humbled and honored.   This is the highest honor that can be achieved.   I thank the national club for the recognition and kindness.   



This is the first page of the nomination profile.  If you wish to read the content in larger prints, just click it.     I was instructed to have a photo of me with the crystal and one of my English Angora.   This lower photo thus is very current, it's me and Aabel.  
 


This is the second page of my nomination profile.  The upper left photo is me with Vicki and Kelly Johnston.   Kelly won the 1998 ARBA Convention youth Best In Show with a daughter bred out of my stock.    The middle photo is from the Domestic Rabbits in 1992 when my doe Chu's Sweet Sixteen won the ARBA Convention open Best In Show.   This is the first wool rabbit ever to have won an open Best In Show at the ARBA Convention, broke the glass ceiling of the Best In Show being mostly meat breeds.    The lower left photo is my Group winner Chu's Vera in the 2001 ARBA National Convention.      I got two more Group wins in 2003 with a tort buck Chu's Ashton and in 2013 with a lilac tort doe Chu's McKenzie.  


I thank NARBC for awarding me this prestigious honor and thank Lynn and Nichole Wilson, Casey Jones and Debbie McCormick for the nomination.  





3 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Congrats to a true breeder/exhibitor and life-long supporter of angoras and the ARBA. Betty has always taken the high road and been a wonderful example of persistence and commitment to perfection. So deserving!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Deb McCormick said…

    Congratulations Betty!! No one else is more than deserving than you. English Angoras look like they do now bc of you, you gave many a good start.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Christ In Me said…

    Heart felt congratulations to you Betty. You are such a wonderful ambassador for rabbits, angoras in particular. With your tireless work to improve English angoras and endless quality advice to others you are most deserving of this honor. Donna in Indianapolis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home